Friday, March 29, 2013

Clark Clean-up Part 2 and other Spring News

So, February was Clark Clean-up Month and it was a great start to a good habit. I know I got rid of more than 28 items, but I didn't do a good job of finding something to put in the pile every day. I'm still looking for things to get rid of though and like I said, it's a great start to a good habit. We need less.

Before
After
 The list of stuff we got rid of last month!
TV
Microwave
Bread Machine
Pots and Pans
Printer
Books
Baby clothes
Shoes
Adult clothes
Activity Mat 
Movies
Purses
There may be more, but that's what I can think of for now. My book closet looks much better as you can see. We probably got rid of 30-40 books and it's neat and tidy now. I won't lie, I didn't touch the shoe closet I showed a picture of before. Since March is almost over, maybe next month?!

Speaking of March, each month I have committed to doing a Whole 30 of some kind. This month is Memorization March! I am attempting to memorize the Sermon on the Mount. I am about 6 verses in so far. Each week I focus on 2-3 verses to memorize and try to recite the verses I've already learned. Memorization is not my strong suit, so this is and will continue to be a struggle for me. But to quote someone further along in this life journey than me, "What the heart knows by heart, the heart knows." So, it is with great intention that I try to memorize Jesus' words to his disciples. As a family we are continuing to talk and write about what we are thankful for, but each week for a few days I write the new verses on our love chalkboard. We spend a lot of time in our kitchen, so it is a good reminder.

Kid update: Pippa is rolling over! She started rolling over a couple weeks ago and now she can't stop herself. I lay her on her back and she's on her tummy in no time. She is also grabbing at EVERYTHING! And putting everything in her mouth. I suspect a tooth soon! I took her with me to sixth grade camp last week and she was a hit. The kids loved her and she was so happy and smiley in the outdoors. I also got some good exercise carrying her around all week. Here's a video of her rolling over...and Stella rolling over and nearly on top of her. This is what having two kids two years apart looks like. Chaos. Smothering, rolling over, rolling on top of, climbing around, crawling around, crazy, chaos. In the middle of all that, Pippa rolled over. Love.

Stella is a sweet and saucy little thang! Lately, she growls/grunts when she's frustrated with objects or humans (like her parents). It's sort of hilarious and scary at the same time. I think she got it from other little girls at daycare. She has also told both Richard and I that we are driving her crazy! Are you kidding me? She's two! We're in for it. She wants to do everything herself, "All by my yelf mama, k?" As if I have the option of saying no. Saying no often brings on a major meltdown. She is so stinking cute...most of the time.

This last week we have all been sick. Cough, cold, sore throats, stuffy noses, and ear infections. It has been tiring and trying on everyone! But I dare say we are on the upswing and that feels good rolling into Easter Sunday. Because we were home a lot together this week, Stella started using the big girl potty. One day she had no accidents and went 5 times! Who knew peeing on the toilet would be such a triumph? The next few days she wavered back and forth on wanting a diaper or underwear or both at the same time. She loves the underwear, but doesn't like having to go sit on the potty every 20 minutes to "try". Especially when she's busy building towers or playing with play dough. Either way, now she is telling us that she wants a diaper change right after she pees and this is a success. Just last week she was willing to sit in her wet diaper for hours insisting that we NOT change it. So gross. We're moving into new territory now people. No diaper territory...and I like it!

Pre Sickness...happy healthy family
I think we have also entered the "Why" phase also. Stella has begun asking things like, "What you doing mommy?" "What you making mommy?" "Making dinner mommy?" "Where you going mommy?" "What you have your mouth mommy?" The who, what, when, where, why questions never end it seems like and I kind of love it. I'm sure after this week it will get old, but for now, it's so fun watching her grow in curiosity.  They are both growing so much. Loving my sweet babies.

Someone had a birthday! On March 24th, I turned 31. Sounds kind of old. I don't feel that old. Richard planned a surprise for me. He offered to tell me what we were doing a few times, but I told him I would be more excited if he just waited until that day. So, Saturday morning he told me to grab my swim suit and comfortable clothes because we were going to go get a couples mudbath in Calistoga! And then a massage and facial for me after.

Richard is happy to let me go get massages and that sort of thing on my own anytime, but it's not really his thing. So, while the whole mudbath experience was fun and relaxing, the best part was that he was willing to do it with me. It was a great experience and full of lots of giggles. I mean, it's mud...everywhere. But it's warm and relaxing and after we got cleaned up, we sat in a hot jacuzzi for a while and then took a short nap wrapped up in warm blankets. This was all before my massage and facial! It was exactly the kind of relaxing day I needed. Which was perfect, because the next day the girls had fevers, pink eye, and ear infections. Of course. Here are a few photos of the experience.
Personal room for mudbaths, showers, and jacuzzi tub
Happy relaxed birthday girl!
Don't tell Richard I put this on the blog. He'd kill me. Ha!

Sermon on the Mount...(Matt. 5:1-6)
Seeing the crowds, he went up on the mountain. And when he sat down the disciples came to him. He opened his mouth, and taught them saying:
Blessed are the poor in spirit for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted. Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth. Blessed are those who thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.






No comments:

Post a Comment