Monday, June 22, 2009

A problem of the heart...

It's been a bit of a stressful time for Richard and I lately. I was in Oregon visiting my family and Richard was in Santa Rosa working when he got a call last week that his mom had a heart attack. She's obviously a strong lady because she had guests over while it all happened and she didn't even seem to notice, except that her chest was hurting. Beth is generous and loving to a fault. She has been in the hospital ever since and they seem to think the problem happened in the middle of her heart not the arteries. They are going to do tests today and then hopefully we'll know more.
Rich is headed down to LA this morning while I stay here to take care of a million appointments, some in Santa Rosa and some in San Luis Obispo. I wish I was there with all of them more than I wish to take care of details that seem a little trivial right now. On the inside I feel bad and hope that Rich and his family don't think I believe wedding appointments are more important than family. And while I'm feeling that, yesterday Rich says, "I just don't want you to feel like I think all of the wedding details aren't important, because they are." Coming into the last part of this big event I so appreciate that Rich is mindful of my feelings even when this huge thing is happening with his mom. So, we go into a second week apart and I pray that God will mend Beth's problem of the heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment