Friday, December 10, 2010

Making a list...

Anyone who knows me well knows that I like to make lists. Grocery lists, lists of stuff to do, lists of stuff I like, stuff I don't like, things I wish I had, places I wish I was, and it goes on and on.

Today I will make a list of things I am thankful for in my life. However important or ridiculous they may be, I am thankful for the following...


*The rain, because then I don't feel guilty for not taking Samson the dog out for a run.
*Hot showers because it's freezing in my house.
*I get to stay home for 6 months with my baby girl, not many employers will let you do that.
*My husband for buying me shoes even though we're supposed to be shopping for others now.
*Stella sleeps through the night.
*Home workout videos so I don't have to take my sorry behind outside in the rain everyday.
*Samson because he's patient with us and tolerates the baby when she cries.
*Eggnog. It's just that time of year and it tastes good.
*Going on walks in the middle of the day, it helps to clear my mind.
*Stella smiling at me and laughing...that little squeak is so cute.
*Friends that make me laugh and listen to my gripes.
*Clean sheets. I love the first night after I change the sheets. Feels like a new start.
*Our vacuum cleaner. What a mess cleaner upper. It's great.
*Getting unexpected packages in the mail. Just love that. No matter what it is really.
*My family...in-laws included.
*Last but not least, Christmas. I am so thankful for Christmas.

"And she gave birth to her firstborn son and wrapped him in bands of cloth, and laid him in a manger, because there was no place for them in the inn." Luke 2:7

No comments:

Post a Comment