Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The mystery of napping.

I was all set to go back to work in January. We found a wonderful lady to watch over Stella a few days a week, which was quite a relief (which reminds me, I need to call her).


SIDE NOTE: Getting a baby on some sort of napping schedule shouldn't be rocket science, but it seems like it to me. As I am typing, I am letting Stella yell at me from downstairs. She only napped for 45 minutes....not long enough. Or maybe it is, she did sleep in till 10:45. Do I pick her up and "make" her nap longer later? Or do I let her cry it out a little and see if she goes back to sleep? I don't know, but it's torture listening to her cry. I know she's safe, but I can barely stop myself from running down there and picking her up right this second. Oh, wait, I think she's stopped crying. I'm going to go look and see if she's sleeping. I doubt it...(30 seconds has elapsed). Well she has her eyes closed with the most pained look on her face. Eesh! Never ever did I think getting a baby go to sleep would be hard on my insides. Oh there she goes again and people that is real, live, "I am pissed" crying. I wish someone was here, like the author to that dumb book Baby Wise, to tell me, "Brooklynn, she's ok, let her cry, she'll go back to sleep." Ahhhhh. Do you know in that book it says to let a baby cry for 15 minutes? Are you kidding me? I can't listen to this for 15 minutes. I'll give her a couple more minutes and then I'm going down there. No one can stop me. Baby Wise guy is not here to stop me!

Well she's awake and I probably should have let her cry more. But in my defense, there were real tears streaming down her face! REAL tears. I can't take it. Ok, tomorrow I will wake her up early and put her down 3 times for 1-2 hours at a time. AND I will even keep track of nap time and wake time and heck, even feeding time. We'll see how this adventure goes.

Back to the reason I was posting in the first place; I am not going back to work in January, I will go back in March. Even if nap time is a mystery to me, it's the best mystery ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment