Saturday, February 16, 2013

The Clark Clean-Up Confessions

No, you have not just entered an episode of hoarders. These are our closets. The community closets for the whole family and all our junk (Our bedroom closets don't look like this I promise). February is "Get this S%$* out of the house" month! I've even got the Dick on board too! Yes! That wasn't as hard as a thought, but he is a bit of a neat freak so it shouldn't surprise me.

I've started a pile. A pile of things to be rid of. The current problem is not getting rid of our unused items, but where to store them until it's time to give them away. I've noticed that I can't have the old stuff just sitting out where I can see it, because when I can see it, I think up ways to use the items, or reasons to keep them. It's ridiculous. I haven't used any of this stuff in years. Get. Rid. Of. It. Brooklynn! So on this long President's Day weekend, we will get rid of the items we have so far.


Our current list: bread maker, old blankets, books, shoes, magazines, microwave, and a cosleeper. I'm wavering on the cosleeper, but seriously it's current use is just a thing to lay stuff on top of.

We're half way through February and half way through emptying our house of useless things.

It feels good.




No comments:

Post a Comment